Tuesday, July 04, 2006

The Ides of Summer

Over the past few weeks, I’ve been on the road hitting up some wacipi action. Our powwow here at cansayapi was a. o. waste’. It rained and was windy, but if a good thing is going to happen it’s going to happen. Kind of like what Iya said, “ If you don’t like the weather go and tell tunkasida it’s wrong.” Ha.

I got full on some frybread. Shook hands with lots of kin. It works out well. The wacipi here starts my summer, and the wacipi here just up the road at Birch Coulee in September ends my summer.

The week after I was on the road again to santeetown for another cho time. It rained again, but if a good thing is going to happen it’s going to happen. Ha. Kicked back with family. Good songs and good feelings. I’m on the Dakota circuit. Going to hit up Canada, SD, and of course Dakota dances 'round bde’sota.

Current Sounds: Lil' Otter; Talking Heads; Nirvana; Bad Nation; Neil Diamond. ohha.